Facebook's website goes down temporarily
REUTERS - Facebook's (FB.O) website suffered sporadic outages on Thursday, anywhere from half an hour to two hours according to various blogs, tweets and affected users, but the company said the problem has been fixed.
"Earlier today, some users briefly experienced issues loading the site. The issues have since been resolved and everyone should now have access to Facebook," company spokesman Michael Kirkland told Reuters.
The outages came as Facebook continued to grapple with the fallout of its botched May 18 IPO. The stock has plummeted nearly 23 percent from its IPO price, and numerous lawsuits have been filed in the wake of first-day trading glitches.
Shares of Facebook closed up 5 percent at $29.60 Thursday on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad; Edwin Chan in Los Angeles; Editing by Hans-Juergen Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As Nepali sherpa families cremate Everest victims, anger grows |
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Supreme Court allows iron ore mining in Goa with upper limit of 20 million tonnes
Iron Ore Mining
The Supreme Court lifted a 19-month old ban on mining in Goa, the top iron ore-exporting state, on Monday, a move that will put more pressure on global prices although it capped annual output in the state at 20 million tonnes. Full Article | Quote
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article