Facebook's website goes down temporarily
REUTERS - Facebook's (FB.O) website suffered sporadic outages on Thursday, anywhere from half an hour to two hours according to various blogs, tweets and affected users, but the company said the problem has been fixed.
"Earlier today, some users briefly experienced issues loading the site. The issues have since been resolved and everyone should now have access to Facebook," company spokesman Michael Kirkland told Reuters.
The outages came as Facebook continued to grapple with the fallout of its botched May 18 IPO. The stock has plummeted nearly 23 percent from its IPO price, and numerous lawsuits have been filed in the wake of first-day trading glitches.
Shares of Facebook closed up 5 percent at $29.60 Thursday on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad; Edwin Chan in Los Angeles; Editing by Hans-Juergen Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- Gaza toll soars as Israel "days" from completing tunnel hunt
- HCL Tech Q4 dollar revenue disappoints investors, shares fall
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- Some WTO members discussing customs deal without India - sources
Maruti Suzuki India, India's biggest carmaker, reported a 21 percent rise in first-quarter net profit, beating estimates, as early signs of an economic revival boosted sales. Full Article