Facebook's website goes down temporarily
REUTERS - Facebook's (FB.O) website suffered sporadic outages on Thursday, anywhere from half an hour to two hours according to various blogs, tweets and affected users, but the company said the problem has been fixed.
"Earlier today, some users briefly experienced issues loading the site. The issues have since been resolved and everyone should now have access to Facebook," company spokesman Michael Kirkland told Reuters.
The outages came as Facebook continued to grapple with the fallout of its botched May 18 IPO. The stock has plummeted nearly 23 percent from its IPO price, and numerous lawsuits have been filed in the wake of first-day trading glitches.
Shares of Facebook closed up 5 percent at $29.60 Thursday on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad; Edwin Chan in Los Angeles; Editing by Hans-Juergen Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 3-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article