Facebook's website goes down temporarily
REUTERS - Facebook's (FB.O) website suffered sporadic outages on Thursday, anywhere from half an hour to two hours according to various blogs, tweets and affected users, but the company said the problem has been fixed.
"Earlier today, some users briefly experienced issues loading the site. The issues have since been resolved and everyone should now have access to Facebook," company spokesman Michael Kirkland told Reuters.
The outages came as Facebook continued to grapple with the fallout of its botched May 18 IPO. The stock has plummeted nearly 23 percent from its IPO price, and numerous lawsuits have been filed in the wake of first-day trading glitches.
Shares of Facebook closed up 5 percent at $29.60 Thursday on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Sakthi Prasad; Edwin Chan in Los Angeles; Editing by Hans-Juergen Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article