Katy Perry to star in new comic book
NEW YORK, June 6
NEW YORK, June 6 (Reuters) - U.S. pop star Katy Perry will become the latest celebrity to be depicted in the biography comic book "Fame" series, publisher Bluewater Productions said on We dnesday.
The 27-year-old's life shown in "Fame: Katy Perry" has her moving from a Californian churchgoing upbringing under her Christian parents to bouncing around several music labels in Los Angeles until striking a deal that landed her first big hits, "I Kissed A Girl," and "Hot n Cold."
Perry, who has delved into colorful, fantasy-filled recreations of herself in music videos not unlike a comic book character, will also be the subject of a 3-D concert documentary due for release next month.
Her marriage to actor and comedian Russell Brand ended late last year. (Reporting by Christine Kearney; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Dale Hudson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5
- Israel's Mossad takes hunt for foreign spies and informants online