NYSE CEO-Facebook IPO eroded investor confidence-CNBC
NEW YORK, June 8
NEW YORK, June 8 (Reuters) - Duncan Niederauer, chief executive of NYSE Euronext, said on Friday that Nasdaq OMX's mishandling of Facebook's initial public offering last month "eroded investor confidence" in the short run.
"This has clearly eroded investor confidence, the way it was handled," he told CNBC television.
Niederauer said it was an unfortunate series of events, and that mistakes are going to happen. "It's how you stand up in the wake of that," he said, referring to Nasdaq's handling of the Facebook IPO.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed