NYSE CEO-Facebook IPO eroded investor confidence-CNBC
NEW YORK, June 8
NEW YORK, June 8 (Reuters) - Duncan Niederauer, chief executive of NYSE Euronext, said on Friday that Nasdaq OMX's mishandling of Facebook's initial public offering last month "eroded investor confidence" in the short run.
"This has clearly eroded investor confidence, the way it was handled," he told CNBC television.
Niederauer said it was an unfortunate series of events, and that mistakes are going to happen. "It's how you stand up in the wake of that," he said, referring to Nasdaq's handling of the Facebook IPO.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut