NYSE CEO-Facebook IPO eroded investor confidence-CNBC
NEW YORK, June 8
NEW YORK, June 8 (Reuters) - Duncan Niederauer, chief executive of NYSE Euronext, said on Friday that Nasdaq OMX's mishandling of Facebook's initial public offering last month "eroded investor confidence" in the short run.
"This has clearly eroded investor confidence, the way it was handled," he told CNBC television.
Niederauer said it was an unfortunate series of events, and that mistakes are going to happen. "It's how you stand up in the wake of that," he said, referring to Nasdaq's handling of the Facebook IPO.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India Inc happy with Modi, but holding back on investment: poll
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- Adani buys Australia coal mine royalty rights from Linc for $145 million
- England fined for slow over rate in India one-day defeat