Obama to deliver statement on economy -White House
WASHINGTON, June 8
WASHINGTON, June 8 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will urge Congress on Friday to pass "bipartisan, paid-for ideas" to spur hiring in a statement on the economy at 10.15 am (1415 GMT), the White House said.
The remarks, following recent data that has fanned concern over the strength of the U.S. economic recovery amid a festering euro zone debt crisis, will also address the situation in Europe, the White House said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- Lack of options leave India struggling with Dhoni dilemma
- UPDATE 1-Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- Heavy foreign buying in options points to big move