Obama to deliver statement on economy -White House
WASHINGTON, June 8
WASHINGTON, June 8 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will urge Congress on Friday to pass "bipartisan, paid-for ideas" to spur hiring in a statement on the economy at 10.15 am (1415 GMT), the White House said.
The remarks, following recent data that has fanned concern over the strength of the U.S. economic recovery amid a festering euro zone debt crisis, will also address the situation in Europe, the White House said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Russia transfer of rocket system to Ukraine rebels imminent- Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Nigeria government confirms Ebola case in megacity of Lagos
- Dell, BlackBerry downplay threat from Apple-IBM alliance
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- UPDATE 2-Tyson Foods to shut 3 factories, cut 950 jobs