Obama to deliver statement on economy -White House
WASHINGTON, June 8
WASHINGTON, June 8 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will urge Congress on Friday to pass "bipartisan, paid-for ideas" to spur hiring in a statement on the economy at 10.15 am (1415 GMT), the White House said.
The remarks, following recent data that has fanned concern over the strength of the U.S. economic recovery amid a festering euro zone debt crisis, will also address the situation in Europe, the White House said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Pilot of missing Malaysian flight an aviation tech geek
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- TIMELINE - The search for missing Malaysian jet
- UPDATE 2-China steel and iron futures fall to lowest ever levels