Obama to deliver statement on economy -White House
WASHINGTON, June 8
WASHINGTON, June 8 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will urge Congress on Friday to pass "bipartisan, paid-for ideas" to spur hiring in a statement on the economy at 10.15 am (1415 GMT), the White House said.
The remarks, following recent data that has fanned concern over the strength of the U.S. economic recovery amid a festering euro zone debt crisis, will also address the situation in Europe, the White House said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
- China expresses concern about Indian plan to build border posts