G7: Greece should remain in euro, respect commitments
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Group of Seven industrialized economies said it was in "all our interests" for Greece to remain in the euro zone while respecting its international bailout commitments.
"We welcome the commitment of the euro area to work in partnership with the next Greek government to ensure they remain on the path to reform and sustainability within the euro area," the G7 also said in a statement on Sunday.
The statement was issued after Greek political parties which back the international bailout of the country won a slim parliamentary majority in elections. (Writing by William Schomberg; editing by Kieran Murray.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article