World's largest lasagne marks Italy visit
KRAKOW, Poland (Reuters) - A Polish restaurant in Krakow has set a Guinness World Record for cooking the biggest ever lasagne in honor of the Italy soccer team staying nearby.
Italy are in Poland for the 2012 European soccer Championship and have reached the quarter-finals.
The lasagne weighed in at more than 4.8 metric tons (5.29 tons) and took 10 hours to bake before being sliced into 10,000 portions.
"I don't know about the players or if they will try the lasagne because they are on a diet, but they can try just a little bit," Trattoria Giancarlo executive chef Giancarlo Russo told reporters.
(Reporting by Reuters Television; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
Modern India is walking slowly towards a general acceptance of homosexuals and lesbians. Shonali Bose in her new film, “Margarita, With a Straw,” tries to pick up the pace. The film, which premiered and won the NETPAC award at the Toronto Film Festival earlier this year, is about a teenager with cerebral palsy who is unabashed about her sexuality, much to the horror of her middle-class, conservative mother. Full Article
Farah Khan brings back SRK, self-deprecating jokes, six-pack abs and lots of bling. Full Article