World's largest lasagne marks Italy visit
KRAKOW, Poland (Reuters) - A Polish restaurant in Krakow has set a Guinness World Record for cooking the biggest ever lasagne in honor of the Italy soccer team staying nearby.
Italy are in Poland for the 2012 European soccer Championship and have reached the quarter-finals.
The lasagne weighed in at more than 4.8 metric tons (5.29 tons) and took 10 hours to bake before being sliced into 10,000 portions.
"I don't know about the players or if they will try the lasagne because they are on a diet, but they can try just a little bit," Trattoria Giancarlo executive chef Giancarlo Russo told reporters.
(Reporting by Reuters Television; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash
- Nigeria's purported Boko Haram leader says has "married off" girls
- Group says piece of metal found on Pacific island is from Earhart's plane
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits
- Hawaii pair took photos, prodded fiery lava with golf clubs: police
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few Bollywood actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream cinema. Koechlin, 30, who was born in India to French parents, spoke to Reuters about her role as a disabled girl in "Margarita, With a Straw" and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article
Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California. Full Article