World's largest lasagne marks Italy visit
KRAKOW, Poland (Reuters) - A Polish restaurant in Krakow has set a Guinness World Record for cooking the biggest ever lasagne in honor of the Italy soccer team staying nearby.
Italy are in Poland for the 2012 European soccer Championship and have reached the quarter-finals.
The lasagne weighed in at more than 4.8 metric tons (5.29 tons) and took 10 hours to bake before being sliced into 10,000 portions.
"I don't know about the players or if they will try the lasagne because they are on a diet, but they can try just a little bit," Trattoria Giancarlo executive chef Giancarlo Russo told reporters.
(Reporting by Reuters Television; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. drug regulator approves headband device to prevent migraines
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- UPDATE 3-Time running out for EU bid to engage Russia, Germany warns
- When Zach met Barack: pitching Obamacare online
- Up to $600,000 taken from Houston's Lakewood megachurch safe
A Miami judge has set a May 5 trial date for pop singer Justin Bieber, who faces charges of driving under the influence, resisting arrest and using an expired license after police say he was caught drag racing in Miami Beach. Full Article