World's largest lasagne marks Italy visit
KRAKOW, Poland (Reuters) - A Polish restaurant in Krakow has set a Guinness World Record for cooking the biggest ever lasagne in honor of the Italy soccer team staying nearby.
Italy are in Poland for the 2012 European soccer Championship and have reached the quarter-finals.
The lasagne weighed in at more than 4.8 metric tons (5.29 tons) and took 10 hours to bake before being sliced into 10,000 portions.
"I don't know about the players or if they will try the lasagne because they are on a diet, but they can try just a little bit," Trattoria Giancarlo executive chef Giancarlo Russo told reporters.
(Reporting by Reuters Television; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Tracy Morgan incredulous Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries
Life is fine on Boulevard Chanel, the street facade created by designer Karl Lagerfeld for his ready-to-wear show on Tuesday, where leggy models in expensive outfits staged a faux demonstration as part of the spectacle. Full Article
Tracy Morgan incredulous that Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries. Full Article
Stella McCartney goes airy for summer, Lagerfeld Barbie a hit at Paris Fashion Week. Full Article