World's largest lasagne marks Italy visit
KRAKOW, Poland (Reuters) - A Polish restaurant in Krakow has set a Guinness World Record for cooking the biggest ever lasagne in honor of the Italy soccer team staying nearby.
Italy are in Poland for the 2012 European soccer Championship and have reached the quarter-finals.
The lasagne weighed in at more than 4.8 metric tons (5.29 tons) and took 10 hours to bake before being sliced into 10,000 portions.
"I don't know about the players or if they will try the lasagne because they are on a diet, but they can try just a little bit," Trattoria Giancarlo executive chef Giancarlo Russo told reporters.
(Reporting by Reuters Television; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More quakes jolt Iceland overnight, spread to second volcano
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- UPDATE 2-Moscow courts back closure of three McDonald's branches
- UPDATE 2-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
Venice Film Festival
Former "Batman" star Michael Keaton gave a soaring start to the 71st Venice Film Festival on Wednesday as a crestfallen superhero in "Birdman", a film its Mexican director Alexandro Inarritu called an experiment that could have failed miserably. Full Article