UPDATE 2-Fire extinguished at BP Whiting refinery
HOUSTON, June 21 (Reuters) - BP Plc's Whiting, Indiana, refinery was operating at normal level following a morning fire in a sulfur plant, a company spokesman said
The fire at the 405,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) plant was extinguished about an hour after it broke out, but cash diesel prices in the Chicago region jumped 4 cents on the news.
Two workers were taken to a Chicago hospital following the fire for observation, said BP spokesman Scott Dean.
Whiting's 75,000 bpd crude distillation unit was shut earlier this month for repairs, driving up product prices in the Chicago area and weakening values for Canadian crude that feed the plant.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article