UPDATE 2-Fire extinguished at BP Whiting refinery
HOUSTON, June 21 (Reuters) - BP Plc's Whiting, Indiana, refinery was operating at normal level following a morning fire in a sulfur plant, a company spokesman said
The fire at the 405,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) plant was extinguished about an hour after it broke out, but cash diesel prices in the Chicago region jumped 4 cents on the news.
Two workers were taken to a Chicago hospital following the fire for observation, said BP spokesman Scott Dean.
Whiting's 75,000 bpd crude distillation unit was shut earlier this month for repairs, driving up product prices in the Chicago area and weakening values for Canadian crude that feed the plant.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. fines Berkshire over stock deal, Buffett admits mistake
- UPDATE 2-UK launches hunt for man with British accent on beheading video
- UPDATE 2-Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video
- McCain calls for dramatic increase in US airstrikes against Islamic State
Addressing India's Infra Needs
The World Bank's private-sector financing arm on Wednesday launched $2.5 billion, rupee-denominated, bonds in the Indian market to fund infrastructure projects, after raising $1 billion in offshore bonds for the sector last year. Full Article