UPDATE 2-Fire extinguished at BP Whiting refinery
HOUSTON, June 21 (Reuters) - BP Plc's Whiting, Indiana, refinery was operating at normal level following a morning fire in a sulfur plant, a company spokesman said
The fire at the 405,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) plant was extinguished about an hour after it broke out, but cash diesel prices in the Chicago region jumped 4 cents on the news.
Two workers were taken to a Chicago hospital following the fire for observation, said BP spokesman Scott Dean.
Whiting's 75,000 bpd crude distillation unit was shut earlier this month for repairs, driving up product prices in the Chicago area and weakening values for Canadian crude that feed the plant.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Islamic State kills at least 25 Iraqi tribesmen near Ramadi - officials
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article