Dole recalls salad in six states for listeria risk
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than 1,000 bags of salad produced by Dole Foods Co have been recalled from stores in Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia because of a risk of listeria.
Dole announced the recall on Friday after a sample of Romaine lettuce tested positive for listeria in North Carolina.
The company said in a statement that no illnesses had been reported.
Dole did not immediately reply on Monday to a request for comment.
In 2011, more than 30 people died from listeria-contaminated cantaloupe linked to Jensen Farms in Colorado.
(Reporting By Lily Kuo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Japan's NTT DoCoMo to exit India telecoms joint venture - sources
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Nokia to name Rajeev Suri as next CEO on Tuesday - report
- BREAKINGVIEWS-Review: India's Singh wasn't king, Modi could be
- Met office sees below-average monsoon in 2014