Keystone pipeline not in U.S. transport bill deal-aide
WASHINGTON, June 27
WASHINGTON, June 27 (Reuters) - A massive transportation funding bill that the U.S. Congress is trying to pass by week's end will not include a Republican proposal forcing quick approval of the Canada-to-U.S. Keystone oil pipeline, a senior Democratic aide said on Wednesday.
"Keystone is out," said the aide, who asked not to be identified. The aide added that while House-Senate negotiators are close to an overall deal on the transportation bill, they have not yet wrapped it up.
The House and Senate aim to pass the bill by Friday to fund road, bridge and mass transit funding projects. It also is likely to contain a provision to extend low student loan rates for another year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian plane with 239 aboard crashes - report
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang'