Cee Lo Green snags role in "Can a Song Save Your Life?"
(Reuters) - Cee Lo Green will share the big screen with Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, Hailee Stanfied and Catherine Keener in the upcoming John Carney film "Can a Song Save Your Life?"
The film's cast also includes Green's fellow "The Voice" coach, Adam Levine.
Production stars Monday in New York on the Exclusive Media project.
Green will play Troublegum, a "very successful hip hop star," Exclusive Media said.
"Can a Song Save Your Life?" stars Knightley and Levine as a couple that moves to New York to pursue their passion for music. After Levine's character dumps Knightley's character, she encounters a down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) who assembles a ragtag music team to appear on a record with her, including Green's character Troublegum.
Carney wrote and will the direct the film.
Anthony Bregman ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind") will produce, with Judd Apatow attached as executive producer.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Bill Cosby says he does not have to 'answer to innuendos': report
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
- Video streaming service Aereo files for bankruptcy