France goes ahead with ban on Syngenta pesticide
PARIS, June 29
PARIS, June 29 (Reuters) - France will proceed with a ban on a pesticide made by Swiss group Syngenta because of potential risks to bees, the country's farm minister said on Friday.
"I am withdrawing today the marketing permit for Cruiser OSR for rapeseed," Stephane Le Foll told reporters.
The farm minister had announced at the start of June his intention to withdraw the product after scientific studies suggested a molecule it contains could affect bees, numbers of which have been declining worldwide. (Reporting by Marion Douet; Writing by Gus Trompiz)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter