The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- HSBC cuts gold, silver price forecasts for 2013, 2014
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
UPDATE 1-Axa Private Equity to buy 11 fund investments from OMERS
July 3 |
July 3 (Reuters) - Axa Private Equity, the investment arm of French insurance group Axa, said it would buy a portfolio of 11 private equity fund investments worth about $850 million from the private equity arm of Canadian pension fund OMERS.
The portfolio consists of buyout funds including North American and global funds, the companies said in a statement.
"This is a large and significant transaction where we have excellent visibility on the assets, especially given that we are an existing investor in many of the funds," Benoit Verbrugghe, Axa Private Equity's head of North America said.
Axa bought a $740 million portfolio of private equity holdings from Barclays last year and earlier acquired a $1.7 billion portfolio from Citigroup.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this