UPDATE 1-Axa Private Equity to buy 11 fund investments from OMERS
July 3 (Reuters) - Axa Private Equity, the investment arm of French insurance group Axa, said it would buy a portfolio of 11 private equity fund investments worth about $850 million from the private equity arm of Canadian pension fund OMERS.
The portfolio consists of buyout funds including North American and global funds, the companies said in a statement.
"This is a large and significant transaction where we have excellent visibility on the assets, especially given that we are an existing investor in many of the funds," Benoit Verbrugghe, Axa Private Equity's head of North America said.
Axa bought a $740 million portfolio of private equity holdings from Barclays last year and earlier acquired a $1.7 billion portfolio from Citigroup.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Republican feud boils over in U.S. budget deal fight
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies
- UPDATE 2-Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
- UPDATE 2-US transport regulator might move against in-flight calls
- Air Canada plane lands safely after engine fire
Asia-Pacific M&A volume falls for third consecutive year, deal size grows. Full Article