Barclays COO del Missier set to quit too -source
LONDON, July 3
LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - Barclays' newly appointed Chief Operating OIfficer, Jerry del Missier, is set to follow his chief executive Bob Diamond and resign from the bank, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Barclays declined to comment and del Missier could not immediately be reached.
Del Missier has for years been a key lieutenant of Diamond, helping him build up the Barclays Capital investment bank. Del Missier was appointed COO last month.
Diamond resigned with immediate effect earlier on Tuesday over an interest rate-rigging scandal in a sudden move.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks |
- China deploys 10 satellites to help in search for Malaysia jet