Barclays COO del Missier set to quit too -source
LONDON, July 3
LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - Barclays' newly appointed Chief Operating OIfficer, Jerry del Missier, is set to follow his chief executive Bob Diamond and resign from the bank, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Barclays declined to comment and del Missier could not immediately be reached.
Del Missier has for years been a key lieutenant of Diamond, helping him build up the Barclays Capital investment bank. Del Missier was appointed COO last month.
Diamond resigned with immediate effect earlier on Tuesday over an interest rate-rigging scandal in a sudden move.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide