Barclays COO del Missier set to quit too -source
LONDON, July 3
LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - Barclays' newly appointed Chief Operating OIfficer, Jerry del Missier, is set to follow his chief executive Bob Diamond and resign from the bank, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Barclays declined to comment and del Missier could not immediately be reached.
Del Missier has for years been a key lieutenant of Diamond, helping him build up the Barclays Capital investment bank. Del Missier was appointed COO last month.
Diamond resigned with immediate effect earlier on Tuesday over an interest rate-rigging scandal in a sudden move.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 2-Argentina defaults but investors see deal possible eventually
- Cricket - India four down and facing England defeat