Videoconferencing app maker Fuzebox raises $20 mln
* Index Ventures' new 350 mln euro tech fund led round
* also Khosla Ventures, Insight Ventures invest
* Index' Mike Volpi to join Fuzebox board
July 12 (Reuters) - FuzeBox, maker of videoconferencing app Fuze, said on Thursday it has raised $20 million from venture firms to expand its sales, marketing and engineering teams.
Fuzebox competes against larger rivals Cisco, Polycom and Logitech in the corporate video conferencing market. It offers visual collaboration service at a fraction of the cost of traditional equipment providers.
Fuzebox has around 2.5 million users, which are holding 78,000 online meetings a day.
The firm was founded as CallWave in 1998. It was a public company from 2004 to 2009 when founders took it private and renamed it FuzeBox.
Index Ventures led the round, making one of the first investments from its new 350 million euro ($431 million) early stage technology fund, with Index partner Mike Volpi also joining the board of Fuzebox.
Index is perhaps best known for backing Skype, now owned by Microsoft Corp, at its early stages. Other investments include mobile-payments company Boku, online-music service Lastfm, and online-storage company Dropbox.
Also Khosla Ventures and Insight Ventures invested in Fuzebox.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- IFC launches $2.5 billion rupee-denominated bonds for infra projects in India
- Lack of options leave India struggling with Dhoni dilemma
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- Pakistan cleric's supporters attempt to blockade parliament, but MPs escape
Addressing India's Infra Needs
The World Bank's private-sector financing arm on Wednesday launched $2.5 billion, rupee-denominated, bonds in the Indian market to fund infrastructure projects, after raising $1 billion in offshore bonds for the sector last year. Full Article
Exclusive - Icahn says Family Dollar wasting over $300 mln in breakup fees . Full Article