Videoconferencing app maker Fuzebox raises $20 mln
* Index Ventures' new 350 mln euro tech fund led round
* also Khosla Ventures, Insight Ventures invest
* Index' Mike Volpi to join Fuzebox board
July 12 (Reuters) - FuzeBox, maker of videoconferencing app Fuze, said on Thursday it has raised $20 million from venture firms to expand its sales, marketing and engineering teams.
Fuzebox competes against larger rivals Cisco, Polycom and Logitech in the corporate video conferencing market. It offers visual collaboration service at a fraction of the cost of traditional equipment providers.
Fuzebox has around 2.5 million users, which are holding 78,000 online meetings a day.
The firm was founded as CallWave in 1998. It was a public company from 2004 to 2009 when founders took it private and renamed it FuzeBox.
Index Ventures led the round, making one of the first investments from its new 350 million euro ($431 million) early stage technology fund, with Index partner Mike Volpi also joining the board of Fuzebox.
Index is perhaps best known for backing Skype, now owned by Microsoft Corp, at its early stages. Other investments include mobile-payments company Boku, online-music service Lastfm, and online-storage company Dropbox.
Also Khosla Ventures and Insight Ventures invested in Fuzebox.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article