Pfizer, J&J Alzheimer's drug fails one of 4 big trials
July 23 (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc said on Monday its experimental Alzheimer's disease treatment failed to prove effective in one of four high-stakes late-stage trials of the medicine.
The trial involved individuals who carry a variation of a gene called ApoE4 that makes them far more likely to develop Alzheimer's disease. Pfizer said it and its partner Johnson & Johnson will continue with three other late-stage trials of their medicine, called bapineuzumab, based upon a review by independent safety monitors.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
- Bodies rained down on Ukraine village after plane disaster