Pfizer, J&J Alzheimer's drug fails one of 4 big trials
July 23 (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc said on Monday its experimental Alzheimer's disease treatment failed to prove effective in one of four high-stakes late-stage trials of the medicine.
The trial involved individuals who carry a variation of a gene called ApoE4 that makes them far more likely to develop Alzheimer's disease. Pfizer said it and its partner Johnson & Johnson will continue with three other late-stage trials of their medicine, called bapineuzumab, based upon a review by independent safety monitors.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked near where PM Harper was speaking
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq - residents