Pfizer, J&J Alzheimer's drug fails one of 4 big trials
July 23 (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc said on Monday its experimental Alzheimer's disease treatment failed to prove effective in one of four high-stakes late-stage trials of the medicine.
The trial involved individuals who carry a variation of a gene called ApoE4 that makes them far more likely to develop Alzheimer's disease. Pfizer said it and its partner Johnson & Johnson will continue with three other late-stage trials of their medicine, called bapineuzumab, based upon a review by independent safety monitors.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Disarray in Congress after poll drubbing
- China-Brazil satellite launch fails, likely fell back to Earth
- Reliance Industries, Bharti sign telecom infrastructure deal
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St trades with Volcker rule
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial