UPDATE 1-Six Flags results beats Street on higher attendance
* Q2 EPS $1.27 vs est $0.62
* Revenue up 11 pct to $375 mln
July 24 (Reuters) - Theme park operator Six Flags Entertainment Corp's second-quarter results sailed past Wall Street estimates, driven by higher in-park and ticket sales.
The company, established in 1961, said ticketing revenue rose 11 percent, while in-park sales were up 12 percent. Overall sales rose 11 percent to $375 million.
Six Flags had earnings of $72.2 million or $1.27 per share, compared with $35.0 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to earn 62 cents per share on revenue of $351.73 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company has 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Six Flags shares closed at $52.59 on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties