UPDATE 1-Six Flags results beats Street on higher attendance
* Q2 EPS $1.27 vs est $0.62
* Revenue up 11 pct to $375 mln
July 24 (Reuters) - Theme park operator Six Flags Entertainment Corp's second-quarter results sailed past Wall Street estimates, driven by higher in-park and ticket sales.
The company, established in 1961, said ticketing revenue rose 11 percent, while in-park sales were up 12 percent. Overall sales rose 11 percent to $375 million.
Six Flags had earnings of $72.2 million or $1.27 per share, compared with $35.0 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to earn 62 cents per share on revenue of $351.73 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company has 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Six Flags shares closed at $52.59 on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 4-William Clay Ford Sr., grandson of pioneer automaker, dies at 88
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Golf-Reed in Cadillac driver's seat as Woods fades
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source