AU Optronics Q2 net loss wider than forecasts
TAIPEI, July 25
TAIPEI, July 25 (Reuters) - Taiwan's AU Optronics Corp , the world's No.4 LCD maker, posted a bigger-than-expected loss in the second quarter on Wednesday, hurt by weak global demand, in its seventh successive quarterly loss.
AU, which supplies major brands such as Hewlett-Packard, Dell Inc and Sony Corp , posted a net loss of T$12.46 billion ($413.85 million) for April-June.
Sixteen analysts in a Reuters poll had expected AU to post a net loss of a median T$8.55 billion.
It reported a net loss of T$10.8 billion in the same period a year earlier and a net loss of T$13.8 billion in the previous quarter. ($1 = 30.1075 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Jonathan Standing)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. drug regulator approves headband device to prevent migraines
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- UPDATE 3-Time running out for EU bid to engage Russia, Germany warns
- When Zach met Barack: pitching Obamacare online
- Up to $600,000 taken from Houston's Lakewood megachurch safe