AU Optronics Q2 net loss wider than forecasts
TAIPEI, July 25
TAIPEI, July 25 (Reuters) - Taiwan's AU Optronics Corp , the world's No.4 LCD maker, posted a bigger-than-expected loss in the second quarter on Wednesday, hurt by weak global demand, in its seventh successive quarterly loss.
AU, which supplies major brands such as Hewlett-Packard, Dell Inc and Sony Corp , posted a net loss of T$12.46 billion ($413.85 million) for April-June.
Sixteen analysts in a Reuters poll had expected AU to post a net loss of a median T$8.55 billion.
It reported a net loss of T$10.8 billion in the same period a year earlier and a net loss of T$13.8 billion in the previous quarter. ($1 = 30.1075 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Jonathan Standing)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint
- UPDATE 2-U.S. charges four with stealing $100 mln in software, data
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Amal Alamuddin earns high-fashion accolades as Clooney's bride
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties