Russia accuses United States of justifying terrorism in Syria
MOSCOW, July 25
MOSCOW, July 25 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov accused the United States on Wednesday of justifying terrorism against the Syrian government and berated Western nations he said had not condemned attacks that killed top members of President Bashar al-Assad's inner circle.
Referring to what he said were comments by U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland indicating such attacks were not surprising given the Syrian government's conduct, Lavrov said, "This is a direct justification of terrorism."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Team mates will determine success of my captaincy - Kohli
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars