Rupee seen rising to 54 or higher by Dec - RBS survey
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is likely to rise to 54 or higher by December and to rise further to 53 by March 2013, according to an RBS survey of over 130 market participants.
Positioning wise, about 58 pct of market participants believe that USD/INR is trading neutral, while 27 pct believe the market is short.
Around 25 percent of respondents are looking to sell the USD/INR on upticks, with 19 percent are looking to buy the cross when it trades lower.
Most participants also expect the repo rate will be cut by 50 bps by March 2013.
Respondents expect the 10-year benchmark yield to fall to 7.90 percent by December and to 7.85 percent by March, the RBS survey also shows.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- UPDATE 8-U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- Wall Street boosted by earnings; on track for best week of year
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article