Rupee seen rising to 54 or higher by Dec - RBS survey
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is likely to rise to 54 or higher by December and to rise further to 53 by March 2013, according to an RBS survey of over 130 market participants.
Positioning wise, about 58 pct of market participants believe that USD/INR is trading neutral, while 27 pct believe the market is short.
Around 25 percent of respondents are looking to sell the USD/INR on upticks, with 19 percent are looking to buy the cross when it trades lower.
Most participants also expect the repo rate will be cut by 50 bps by March 2013.
Respondents expect the 10-year benchmark yield to fall to 7.90 percent by December and to 7.85 percent by March, the RBS survey also shows.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article