Rupee seen rising to 54 or higher by Dec - RBS survey
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is likely to rise to 54 or higher by December and to rise further to 53 by March 2013, according to an RBS survey of over 130 market participants.
Positioning wise, about 58 pct of market participants believe that USD/INR is trading neutral, while 27 pct believe the market is short.
Around 25 percent of respondents are looking to sell the USD/INR on upticks, with 19 percent are looking to buy the cross when it trades lower.
Most participants also expect the repo rate will be cut by 50 bps by March 2013.
Respondents expect the 10-year benchmark yield to fall to 7.90 percent by December and to 7.85 percent by March, the RBS survey also shows.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. fast-food workers rally for higher minimum wage
- South Africa, world mourn "giant for justice" Mandela
- Springsteen's handwritten 'Born to Run' draft fetches $197,000
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Nelson Mandela
- UPDATE 4-Child killed in Idaho school bus accident, 4 more hurt
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died aged 95 at his Johannesburg home on Thursday after a prolonged lung infection, plunging his nation and the world into mourning for a man hailed by global leaders as a moral giant. Article | Obituary