Enbridge Energy contains Line 14 crude oil release
July 27 (Reuters) - Pipeline operator Enbridge Energy Partners LP said a crude oil release from its Line 14 was contained after a pressure drop was noticed on Friday.
"Control center operators shut down and immediately isolated the line. Enbridge emergency crews were promptly deployed to the site," the company said.
No injury was reported at the line, which is near Grand Marsh, Wisconsin, Enbridge said.
Line 14, which carries a capacity of 317,600 barrels per day, predominantly transports light crude oil to refineries in the Chicago area.
The initial estimate of the volume released on Friday was about 1200 barrels.
Canada-based Enbridge did not give an estimated restart time for the line.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video