Enbridge Energy contains Line 14 crude oil release
July 27 (Reuters) - Pipeline operator Enbridge Energy Partners LP said a crude oil release from its Line 14 was contained after a pressure drop was noticed on Friday.
"Control center operators shut down and immediately isolated the line. Enbridge emergency crews were promptly deployed to the site," the company said.
No injury was reported at the line, which is near Grand Marsh, Wisconsin, Enbridge said.
Line 14, which carries a capacity of 317,600 barrels per day, predominantly transports light crude oil to refineries in the Chicago area.
The initial estimate of the volume released on Friday was about 1200 barrels.
Canada-based Enbridge did not give an estimated restart time for the line.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Singapore's megachurches move to export lucrative religion
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article