IDBI shares hit; public banks face bad loans
Reuters Market Eye - IDBI Bank(IDBI.NS) shares fall 1.9 percent, a day after the public sector lender posted a lower-than-expected April-June net profit of 7.71 billion Indian rupees.
Analysts say the lender faced higher provisioning expenses of 5.07 billion rupees in the previous quarter, after gross and net non-performing asset levels rose by 3.2 percent and 2.1 percent, respectively.
Last week state-run lenders, including Punjab National Bank PNBK.NS> and Central Bank of India (CBI.NS) reported a rise in bad loans, sending their shares sharply lower.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 2-China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say
Consumer Confidence Index
More than half of consumers globally expect job prospects to be good to excellent in the year ahead, a survey showed on Tuesday. India overtook Indonesia as the most optimistic consumer market, while Portugal and Slovenia were the most pessimistic. Full Article
India keeps world guessing in countdown to landmark trade pact deadline. Full Article
Yahoo to buy analytics startup Flurry to bolster mobile ad business. Full Article