IDBI shares hit; public banks face bad loans
Reuters Market Eye - IDBI Bank(IDBI.NS) shares fall 1.9 percent, a day after the public sector lender posted a lower-than-expected April-June net profit of 7.71 billion Indian rupees.
Analysts say the lender faced higher provisioning expenses of 5.07 billion rupees in the previous quarter, after gross and net non-performing asset levels rose by 3.2 percent and 2.1 percent, respectively.
Last week state-run lenders, including Punjab National Bank PNBK.NS> and Central Bank of India (CBI.NS) reported a rise in bad loans, sending their shares sharply lower.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article