IDBI shares hit; public banks face bad loans
Reuters Market Eye - IDBI Bank(IDBI.NS) shares fall 1.9 percent, a day after the public sector lender posted a lower-than-expected April-June net profit of 7.71 billion Indian rupees.
Analysts say the lender faced higher provisioning expenses of 5.07 billion rupees in the previous quarter, after gross and net non-performing asset levels rose by 3.2 percent and 2.1 percent, respectively.
Last week state-run lenders, including Punjab National Bank PNBK.NS> and Central Bank of India (CBI.NS) reported a rise in bad loans, sending their shares sharply lower.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- L&T Q1 revenue $3.2 billion, beats analyst estimates
- Reliance Power to buy Jaiprakash's hydropower business
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions