Syrian army makes push into Aleppo battleground district
ALEPPO, Syria Aug 4 (Reuters) - A Syrian army helicopter fired machinegun rounds on the city of Aleppo on Saturday, a Reuters witness said, as Syrian troops fired artillery shells to break through the rebels' frontline in the battleground district of Salaheddine.
"There is one helicopter and we're hearing two explosions every minute," a Reuters reporter said.
In Salaheddine, rebels from the Free Syria Army hid in alleyways, dodging the Syrian army's bullets and tank rounds that struck a building in the district.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire at Washington state school
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig