Russian general denies report of his death in Syria-agencies
MOSCOW Aug 8 (Reuters) - Russian news agencies denied reports that a Russian general had been killed in Syria and said he had appeared in person on Wednesday at the Defence Ministry in Moscow.
The ministry said reports that a Russian general advising Syria's military had been killed amounted to a "bald-faced lie".
Itar-Tass news agency said a reserve officer called Vladimir Kuzheyev had later met Russian journalists at the ministry and, although he did not say whether he had been in Syria, he declared: "I want to confirm that I am alive and well."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-China's Xiaomi announces latest flagship Mi 4 smartphone
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site
- India to probe corruption in healthcare after TV sting
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan