Russian general denies report of his death in Syria-agencies
MOSCOW Aug 8 (Reuters) - Russian news agencies denied reports that a Russian general had been killed in Syria and said he had appeared in person on Wednesday at the Defence Ministry in Moscow.
The ministry said reports that a Russian general advising Syria's military had been killed amounted to a "bald-faced lie".
Itar-Tass news agency said a reserve officer called Vladimir Kuzheyev had later met Russian journalists at the ministry and, although he did not say whether he had been in Syria, he declared: "I want to confirm that I am alive and well."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide