Wrestler Sushil Kumar misses out on gold
LONDON (Reuters) - Sushil Kumar had to settle for a silver medal in the 66kg freestyle wrestling at the London Olympics after losing to Japan's Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu in the final on Sunday.
It was Japan's fourth wrestling gold of the London Games but a first for the Japanese men's team.
Yonemitsu and Kumar won a bronze medal at the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
Slideshow: India at the Olympics, click here
Slideshow: Olympic bloopers, click here
Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt wins bronze medal, click here
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Up to 150 people were feared trapped by a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Maharashtra on Wednesday, the inspector general of the national disaster force told Reuters, saying that the first batch of emergency workers had arrived at the scene. Full Article