Wrestler Sushil Kumar misses out on gold
LONDON (Reuters) - Sushil Kumar had to settle for a silver medal in the 66kg freestyle wrestling at the London Olympics after losing to Japan's Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu in the final on Sunday.
It was Japan's fourth wrestling gold of the London Games but a first for the Japanese men's team.
Yonemitsu and Kumar won a bronze medal at the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
Slideshow: India at the Olympics, click here
Slideshow: Olympic bloopers, click here
Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt wins bronze medal, click here
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article