Wrestler Sushil Kumar misses out on gold
LONDON (Reuters) - Sushil Kumar had to settle for a silver medal in the 66kg freestyle wrestling at the London Olympics after losing to Japan's Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu in the final on Sunday.
It was Japan's fourth wrestling gold of the London Games but a first for the Japanese men's team.
Yonemitsu and Kumar won a bronze medal at the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
Slideshow: India at the Olympics, click here
Slideshow: Olympic bloopers, click here
Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt wins bronze medal, click here
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- IFC launches $2.5 billion rupee-denominated bonds for infra projects in India
- Lack of options leave India struggling with Dhoni dilemma
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- Pakistan cleric's supporters attempt to blockade parliament, but MPs escape
Addressing India's Infra Needs
The World Bank's private-sector financing arm on Wednesday launched $2.5 billion, rupee-denominated, bonds in the Indian market to fund infrastructure projects, after raising $1 billion in offshore bonds for the sector last year. Full Article
Exclusive - Icahn says Family Dollar wasting over $300 mln in breakup fees . Full Article