Wrestler Sushil Kumar misses out on gold
LONDON (Reuters) - Sushil Kumar had to settle for a silver medal in the 66kg freestyle wrestling at the London Olympics after losing to Japan's Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu in the final on Sunday.
It was Japan's fourth wrestling gold of the London Games but a first for the Japanese men's team.
Yonemitsu and Kumar won a bronze medal at the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
Slideshow: India at the Olympics, click here
Slideshow: Olympic bloopers, click here
Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt wins bronze medal, click here
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
- UPDATE 5-TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article