Teleflex to buy LMA International for $276 mln
Aug 13 (Reuters) - Teleflex Inc said on Monday it would buy Netherlands-based LMA International NV, which specializes in anesthesia and emergency care products, for about $276 million to boost the U.S. medical device maker's anesthesia division.
Teleflex has also agreed to acquire U.K-based medical device maker Intavent Direct Ltd's LMA branded laryngeal mask supraglottic airway business and certain other products in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Channel Islands.
Teleflex expects the deals to be accretive to its adjusted earnings per share by about 3 cents to 4 cents in the fiscal year 2012, and by 35 cents to 40 cents in 2013.
Teleflex Chief Executive Benson Smith said the acquisition would create a more diversified business segment with more than $530 million in combined annual sales.
LMA reported a revenue of $123.9 million the year 2011.
The deals are expected to be completed during the fourth quarter of 2012.
Teleflex shares had closed at $62.69 on the New York Stock Exchange on Monday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 12-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones