Lupin, UltraTech to replace SAIL, Sterlite in Nifty
Reuters Market Eye - Lupin (LUPN.NS) and UltraTech Cement (ULTC.NS) will be the new additions to the Nifty, the exchange said on its web site on Thursday.
The two stocks will replace Steel Authority of India (SAIL.NS) and Sterlite Industries (STRL.NS) as per the statement.
The changes will be effective from September 28.
Analysts say the removal of SAIL and Sterlite from the Nifty underlines the negative sentiment prevailing on the materials sector even as valuations are at multi-year lows.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India to allow Nokia to transfer Chennai factory to Microsoft
- SPECIAL REPORT - In the land of the holy cow, fury over beef exports
- IIP slumps 1.8 pct, shrinks for first time in four months
- High-end global restaurants sprout to feed India's rich
- GMR picks Citi, three others for $300-$350 million airport IPO - sources
Relief for Nokia
A court on Thursday accepted an appeal by Nokia to release its local factory after it was seized by authorities in a tax dispute, removing a hurdle to the sale of the company's mobile phone business to Microsoft . Full Article
Amount of dirty money leaving developing world jumped 14 pct in 2011 - report. Full Article