Lupin, UltraTech to replace SAIL, Sterlite in Nifty
Reuters Market Eye - Lupin (LUPN.NS) and UltraTech Cement (ULTC.NS) will be the new additions to the Nifty, the exchange said on its web site on Thursday.
The two stocks will replace Steel Authority of India (SAIL.NS) and Sterlite Industries STRL.NS as per the statement.
The changes will be effective from September 28.
Analysts say the removal of SAIL and Sterlite from the Nifty underlines the negative sentiment prevailing on the materials sector even as valuations are at multi-year lows.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India nears $2.5 billion deal for Boeing military helicopters
- CBI drops coal scam case against Kumar Mangalam Birla
- India's growth speeds up in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- CBI charges Dayanidhi Maran, Malaysian tycoon in telecoms scandal
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has closed a coal scam case against billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla and a former top bureaucrat that emerged in 2012 after an auditor's report on revenue loss to the exchequer from allocations of coal blocks. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article