Lupin, UltraTech to replace SAIL, Sterlite in Nifty
Reuters Market Eye - Lupin (LUPN.NS) and UltraTech Cement (ULTC.NS) will be the new additions to the Nifty, the exchange said on its web site on Thursday.
The two stocks will replace Steel Authority of India (SAIL.NS) and Sterlite Industries STRL.NS as per the statement.
The changes will be effective from September 28.
Analysts say the removal of SAIL and Sterlite from the Nifty underlines the negative sentiment prevailing on the materials sector even as valuations are at multi-year lows.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- Magnitude 6.8 quake hits central Japan; no tsunami warning
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article