Lupin, UltraTech to replace SAIL, Sterlite in Nifty
Reuters Market Eye - Lupin (LUPN.NS) and UltraTech Cement (ULTC.NS) will be the new additions to the Nifty, the exchange said on its web site on Thursday.
The two stocks will replace Steel Authority of India (SAIL.NS) and Sterlite Industries STRL.NS as per the statement.
The changes will be effective from September 28.
Analysts say the removal of SAIL and Sterlite from the Nifty underlines the negative sentiment prevailing on the materials sector even as valuations are at multi-year lows.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- UPDATE 4-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Japan's NTT Docomo to exit Indian market - Nikkei
- UPDATE 2-U.S. proposal would ban e-cigarette sales to minors, allow advertising
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article