JX: No impact to refining ops after power unit fire
TOKYO Aug 20 (Reuters) - Japan's top oil refiner JX Nippon Oil & Energy said one of the three gas-fired power generating units at its 145,000 barrels per day (bpd) Sendai refinery caught fire late on Sunday, but there has been no impact on refining operations.
The fire at the No.3 gas-turbine unit, with a capacity of about 34 megawatts, had been extinguished by early Monday and there were no injuries, a company official said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Up to 150 people were feared trapped by a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Maharashtra on Wednesday, the inspector general of the national disaster force told Reuters, saying that the first batch of emergency workers had arrived at the scene. Full Article