JX: No impact to refining ops after power unit fire
TOKYO Aug 20 (Reuters) - Japan's top oil refiner JX Nippon Oil & Energy said one of the three gas-fired power generating units at its 145,000 barrels per day (bpd) Sendai refinery caught fire late on Sunday, but there has been no impact on refining operations.
The fire at the No.3 gas-turbine unit, with a capacity of about 34 megawatts, had been extinguished by early Monday and there were no injuries, a company official said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-GM to drop Chevy brand in Europe to focus on Opel
- Google's mystery barge in San Francisco Bay under investigation
- South Africa, world mourn "giant for justice" Mandela
- UPDATE 3-Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle
The BSE Sensex rose more than 1 percent on Thursday to its highest close in a month as stocks of blue chip companies such as ICICI Bank surged after exit polls predicted a strong showing for the key opposition party in state elections held recently. Full Article