JX: No impact to refining ops after power unit fire
TOKYO Aug 20 (Reuters) - Japan's top oil refiner JX Nippon Oil & Energy said one of the three gas-fired power generating units at its 145,000 barrels per day (bpd) Sendai refinery caught fire late on Sunday, but there has been no impact on refining operations.
The fire at the No.3 gas-turbine unit, with a capacity of about 34 megawatts, had been extinguished by early Monday and there were no injuries, a company official said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 7-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
China grew at its slowest pace since the global financial crisis in the September quarter and risks missing its official target for the first time in 15 years, adding to concerns the world's second-largest economy is becoming a drag on global growth. Full Article
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article