Syria VP makes public appearance, ending defection rumours
DAMASCUS Aug 26 (Reuters) - Syria's vice president Farouq al-Sharaa met an Iranian delegation on Sunday, Syria's state news agency said, marking the official's first appearance in weeks and ending rumours by opposition activists that he had defected from President Bashar al-Assad's government.
SANA news agency said the vice president would meet with a parliamentary delegation from Assad's main regional ally Iran, led by senior legislator Aleddin Borougerdi.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- UPDATE 3-Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins