Syria VP makes public appearance, ending defection rumours
DAMASCUS Aug 26 (Reuters) - Syria's vice president Farouq al-Sharaa met an Iranian delegation on Sunday, Syria's state news agency said, marking the official's first appearance in weeks and ending rumours by opposition activists that he had defected from President Bashar al-Assad's government.
SANA news agency said the vice president would meet with a parliamentary delegation from Assad's main regional ally Iran, led by senior legislator Aleddin Borougerdi.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression