Syria VP makes public appearance, ending defection rumours
DAMASCUS Aug 26 (Reuters) - Syria's vice president Farouq al-Sharaa met an Iranian delegation on Sunday, Syria's state news agency said, marking the official's first appearance in weeks and ending rumours by opposition activists that he had defected from President Bashar al-Assad's government.
SANA news agency said the vice president would meet with a parliamentary delegation from Assad's main regional ally Iran, led by senior legislator Aleddin Borougerdi.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- U.S. top court declines to hear 'I (heart sign) boobies' case
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- UPDATE 3-China steel futures hit record lows, spot iron plunges