Pernod Ricard CEO: Could make bolt-on acquisitions
PARIS (Reuters) - French drinks group Pernod Ricard (PERP.PA) could target bolt-on acquisitions in the United States and emerging markets where demand for its products remains brisk, its chief executive told Reuters on Thursday.
"This will depend on opportunities. ... In geographical terms, we will privilege acquisitions that will strengthen us in growth markets, such as the U.S. and emerging countries," Pierre Pringuet said.
Pringuet also said the Chinese market had not yet shown any signs of slowdown.
Asia and some markets in Africa and the Middle East are the main growth drivers of the group, which on Thursday reported 9 percent growth in full-year profits due to demand in the U.S. and emerging markets.
(Reporting by Elena Berton; Additional reporting by Matthieu Protard; Editing by James Regan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Banks pile pressure on liquor baron Mallya over airline loans
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter