Pernod Ricard CEO: Could make bolt-on acquisitions
PARIS (Reuters) - French drinks group Pernod Ricard (PERP.PA) could target bolt-on acquisitions in the United States and emerging markets where demand for its products remains brisk, its chief executive told Reuters on Thursday.
"This will depend on opportunities. ... In geographical terms, we will privilege acquisitions that will strengthen us in growth markets, such as the U.S. and emerging countries," Pierre Pringuet said.
Pringuet also said the Chinese market had not yet shown any signs of slowdown.
Asia and some markets in Africa and the Middle East are the main growth drivers of the group, which on Thursday reported 9 percent growth in full-year profits due to demand in the U.S. and emerging markets.
(Reporting by Elena Berton; Additional reporting by Matthieu Protard; Editing by James Regan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- Rupee retreats from 7-month high as shares fall
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane