Mexico's IPC index falls 1.2 pct on Cemex tumble
MEXICO CITY Aug 31 (Reuters) - Mexico's IPC stock index fell more than 1.2 percent on Friday afternoon as shares in Mexican cement maker Cemex tumbled just over 3 percent.
The index fell by 1.24 percent while Cemex shed 3.36 percent.
Cemex, one of the world's biggest cement companies, suffered badly during the 2008 U.S. housing crisis, but recently secured a debt refinancing deal. (Reporting by Gabriel Stargardter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Kentucky firefighter critical after ice bucket challenge mishap
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Oil ministry to seek Cabinet nod on diesel deregulation - sources
- WHO warns of 'shadow zones' and unreported Ebola cases