Mexico's IPC index falls 1.2 pct on Cemex tumble
MEXICO CITY Aug 31 (Reuters) - Mexico's IPC stock index fell more than 1.2 percent on Friday afternoon as shares in Mexican cement maker Cemex tumbled just over 3 percent.
The index fell by 1.24 percent while Cemex shed 3.36 percent.
Cemex, one of the world's biggest cement companies, suffered badly during the 2008 U.S. housing crisis, but recently secured a debt refinancing deal. (Reporting by Gabriel Stargardter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
- Celebrity hacking clouds Apple's upcoming product launch