Mexico's IPC index falls 1.2 pct on Cemex tumble
MEXICO CITY Aug 31 (Reuters) - Mexico's IPC stock index fell more than 1.2 percent on Friday afternoon as shares in Mexican cement maker Cemex tumbled just over 3 percent.
The index fell by 1.24 percent while Cemex shed 3.36 percent.
Cemex, one of the world's biggest cement companies, suffered badly during the 2008 U.S. housing crisis, but recently secured a debt refinancing deal. (Reporting by Gabriel Stargardter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut