Mexico's IPC index falls 1.2 pct on Cemex tumble
MEXICO CITY Aug 31 (Reuters) - Mexico's IPC stock index fell more than 1.2 percent on Friday afternoon as shares in Mexican cement maker Cemex tumbled just over 3 percent.
The index fell by 1.24 percent while Cemex shed 3.36 percent.
Cemex, one of the world's biggest cement companies, suffered badly during the 2008 U.S. housing crisis, but recently secured a debt refinancing deal. (Reporting by Gabriel Stargardter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Court orders Russia to pay $50 bln for seizing Yukos assets
- UPDATE 3-Judge allows $2 bln sale of NBA's Los Angeles Clippers to proceed
- UPDATE 5-Property website Zillow to buy rival Trulia to cut costs
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- UPDATE 6-Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar to stave off competition