WASHINGTON A tsunami warning has been lifted for Japan, Taiwan and a number of Pacific island countries but remained in effect for the Philippines, Indonesia and Belau following a 7.9 magnitude earthquake on Friday off the Philippines.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning center issued the updated warning, which also kept a number of areas of the Pacific on watch for a potential tsunami following the quake.
(Reporting by Vicki Allen; Editing by Bill Trott)
Trending On Reuters
Palestinian men armed with knives and a gun killed at least three people and wounded several others in a string of attacks in Jerusalem and near Tel Aviv on Tuesday, police said, on a "Day of Rage" declared by Palestinian groups. Full Article | Related Story
- Flight MH17 shot down by Russian-built Buk missile, Dutch report says
- Iranian parliament passes bill approving nuclear deal
- Taliban pull back from Kunduz as fighting flares on southern highway
- Syrian rebels fortify frontline with anti-tank missiles
- Japan, China agree to promote dialogue despite UNESCO dispute