ONGC buys Hess stake in Azeri field for $1 billion
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hess Corp (HES.N) agreed to sell its 2.72 percent stake in the large Azeri, Chirag and Guneshli group of oil fields in Azerbaijan as well as its 2.36 percent stake in an associated pipeline to India's ONGC (ONGC.NS) for $1 billion.
Hess said that ONGC's foreign investment arm ONGC Videsh ONGCVD.UL will buy the assets in a deal it expects to close in the first quarter of 2013. It is subject to Indian and other regulatory approvals.
The BP-operated ACG oilfields are in the Caspian Sea around 100 kilometers east of Baku.
Rothschild advised ONGC Videsh on the sale.
(This story corrects spelling of Rothschild in fourth paragraph)
(Reporting By Michael Erman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone