ONGC buys Hess stake in Azeri field for $1 billion
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hess Corp (HES.N) agreed to sell its 2.72 percent stake in the large Azeri, Chirag and Guneshli group of oil fields in Azerbaijan as well as its 2.36 percent stake in an associated pipeline to India's ONGC (ONGC.NS) for $1 billion.
Hess said that ONGC's foreign investment arm ONGC Videsh ONGCVD.UL will buy the assets in a deal it expects to close in the first quarter of 2013. It is subject to Indian and other regulatory approvals.
The BP-operated ACG oilfields are in the Caspian Sea around 100 kilometers east of Baku.
Rothschild advised ONGC Videsh on the sale.
(This story corrects spelling of Rothschild in fourth paragraph)
(Reporting By Michael Erman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea - Malaysian air force
- Malaysia seeks India's help in search for missing airliner
- "Small, encouraging signs" in Michael Schumacher's condition - agent
- UPDATE 3-Energy XXI to buy rival to take on private explorers in US Gulf
- Coastguards from Andaman and Nicobar islands join lost Malaysian jet search