ONGC buys Hess stake in Azeri field for $1 billion
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hess Corp (HES.N) agreed to sell its 2.72 percent stake in the large Azeri, Chirag and Guneshli group of oil fields in Azerbaijan as well as its 2.36 percent stake in an associated pipeline to India's ONGC (ONGC.NS) for $1 billion.
Hess said that ONGC's foreign investment arm ONGC Videsh ONGCVD.UL will buy the assets in a deal it expects to close in the first quarter of 2013. It is subject to Indian and other regulatory approvals.
The BP-operated ACG oilfields are in the Caspian Sea around 100 kilometers east of Baku.
Rothschild advised ONGC Videsh on the sale.
(This story corrects spelling of Rothschild in fourth paragraph)
(Reporting By Michael Erman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Obamacare agency relies on manual back-ups as enrollment rises
- UPDATE 2-Pilots of Asiana crash knew speed was low -documents
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- Uruguay's move to legalise marijuana breaks international treaty-INCB