UPDATE 1-Japan banking minister found hanged at home - Kyodo
TOKYO, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Japanese Banking Minister Tadahiro Matsushita was found hanged at his home on Monday in what police suspect was a suicide, Kyodo news agency said.
Matsushita, 73, was a member of the ruling Democratic Party's tiny junior coalition, the People's New Party.
He replaced Shozaburo Jimi, head of the People's New Party, as banking minister in a cabinet reshuffle in June. Matsushita, a former bureaucrat, also served as minister for postal privatisation.
Kyodo, quoting unnamed police sources, that what appears to be a will had been found at his own home.
"I'm shocked to hear the sad news. He always gave me encouragement when things were tough," Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- California lawmakers end session with bills on plastic bags, gun control
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
- EU says could send over 1 bln euros more aid to Ukraine
- India nears $2.5 billion deal for Boeing military helicopters