Pakistan PM orders suspension of YouTube over anti-Islam film
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has ordered the suspension of YouTube in the country over a video made in the United States which mocks the Prophet Mohammad and has enraged the Islamic world.
Ashraf's office said in a statement that the Ministry of Information had been ordered to block YouTube so that the "blasphemous" video could not be viewed.
(Reporting by Michael Georgy; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-English premier league top scorers
Security experts have uncovered a trove of some 2 million stolen passwords to websites including Facebook, Google, Twitter and Yahoo from Internet users across the globe. Article