Bayern's Robben still doubtful, Ribery fit
BERLIN (Reuters) - Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben is doubtful for their Champions League Group F encounter against Valencia on Wednesday but team mate Franck Ribery is set to play.
Dutchman Robben returned from international duty with a groin injury last week and missed Bayern's 3-1 league win over Mainz 05 on Saturday. Frenchman Ribery was also ruled out of that game with a muscle injury.
"I still have to wait. We will see how it goes each day," Robben said after returning to team training on Monday. "The adductor muscles did not feel right, it had to do with my back."
Fellow winger Ribery sounded more confident about a return to the starting lineup.
"I think I will be able to play on Wednesday," he told the club website (www.fcbayern.de).
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- US STOCKS-Wall St turns lower after shooting at Canadian parliament
Kosovo has been granted provisional recognition by the International Olympic Committee and could achieve full membership as early as December, the IOC said in a statement on Wednesday. Full Article