Bayern's Robben still doubtful, Ribery fit
BERLIN (Reuters) - Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben is doubtful for their Champions League Group F encounter against Valencia on Wednesday but team mate Franck Ribery is set to play.
Dutchman Robben returned from international duty with a groin injury last week and missed Bayern's 3-1 league win over Mainz 05 on Saturday. Frenchman Ribery was also ruled out of that game with a muscle injury.
"I still have to wait. We will see how it goes each day," Robben said after returning to team training on Monday. "The adductor muscles did not feel right, it had to do with my back."
Fellow winger Ribery sounded more confident about a return to the starting lineup.
"I think I will be able to play on Wednesday," he told the club website (www.fcbayern.de).
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
Shikhar Dhawan smashed a six to seal a crushing nine-wicket victory over hapless England in the fourth one-day international in Birmingham on Tuesday. Full Article