US CFTC chief to testify on Libor before European Parliament
WASHINGTON, Sept 21
WASHINGTON, Sept 21 (Reuters) - The chairman of the U.S. derivatives regulator will testify before a European parliamentary committee about global benchmark interest rates, the agency said on Friday.
Commodity Futures Trading Commission chief Gary Gensler will speak via video conference on Sept. 24 to the Economic and Monetary Affairs committee.
The CFTC said Gensler will discuss rates including the London Interbank Offered Rate, or Libor, which is at the center of an international rate-rigging investigation. European and U.S. regulators, including the CFTC, settled a case with Barclays Plc over allegations that the British bank manipulated the key benchmark.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India Inc happy with Modi, but holding back on investment: poll
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt wed in France - media reports
- UPDATE 2-Blast shakes BP's largest US refinery at Whiting, Indiana -local media