US CFTC chief to testify on Libor before European Parliament
WASHINGTON, Sept 21
WASHINGTON, Sept 21 (Reuters) - The chairman of the U.S. derivatives regulator will testify before a European parliamentary committee about global benchmark interest rates, the agency said on Friday.
Commodity Futures Trading Commission chief Gary Gensler will speak via video conference on Sept. 24 to the Economic and Monetary Affairs committee.
The CFTC said Gensler will discuss rates including the London Interbank Offered Rate, or Libor, which is at the center of an international rate-rigging investigation. European and U.S. regulators, including the CFTC, settled a case with Barclays Plc over allegations that the British bank manipulated the key benchmark.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC