Smith Electric Vehicles scraps IPO, to pursue private financing
Sept 20 (Reuters) - Smith Electric Vehicles Corp, which makes emission-free electric vehicles, said it will withdraw its initial public offering and instead pursue private financing opportunities.
The company had expected to raise about $76 million at the midpoint of its expected price range.
"We were unable to complete a transaction at a valuation or size that would be in the best interests of our company," Chief Executive Bryan Hansel said in a statement.
The Kansas City, Missouri-based company, which filed for the IPO in November last year, counts Coca-Cola, FedEx Corp and DHL among its customers.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Ipca halts U.S. shipments from Ratlam plant after FDA finds violations
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile