Smith Electric Vehicles scraps IPO, to pursue private financing
Sept 20 (Reuters) - Smith Electric Vehicles Corp, which makes emission-free electric vehicles, said it will withdraw its initial public offering and instead pursue private financing opportunities.
The company had expected to raise about $76 million at the midpoint of its expected price range.
"We were unable to complete a transaction at a valuation or size that would be in the best interests of our company," Chief Executive Bryan Hansel said in a statement.
The Kansas City, Missouri-based company, which filed for the IPO in November last year, counts Coca-Cola, FedEx Corp and DHL among its customers.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea - Malaysian air force
- Malaysia seeks India's help in search for missing airliner
- Malaysia says last sighting of plane possibly off west coast
- Coastguards from Andaman and Nicobar islands join lost Malaysian jet search
- Coal India officers to go on strike; output to be hit