Smith Electric Vehicles scraps IPO, to pursue private financing
Sept 20 (Reuters) - Smith Electric Vehicles Corp, which makes emission-free electric vehicles, said it will withdraw its initial public offering and instead pursue private financing opportunities.
The company had expected to raise about $76 million at the midpoint of its expected price range.
"We were unable to complete a transaction at a valuation or size that would be in the best interests of our company," Chief Executive Bryan Hansel said in a statement.
The Kansas City, Missouri-based company, which filed for the IPO in November last year, counts Coca-Cola, FedEx Corp and DHL among its customers.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin