Smith Electric Vehicles scraps IPO, to pursue private financing
Sept 20 (Reuters) - Smith Electric Vehicles Corp, which makes emission-free electric vehicles, said it will withdraw its initial public offering and instead pursue private financing opportunities.
The company had expected to raise about $76 million at the midpoint of its expected price range.
"We were unable to complete a transaction at a valuation or size that would be in the best interests of our company," Chief Executive Bryan Hansel said in a statement.
The Kansas City, Missouri-based company, which filed for the IPO in November last year, counts Coca-Cola, FedEx Corp and DHL among its customers.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan, India vow to boost strategic ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles