Nadal to play in Abu Dhabi
REUTERS - Rafa Nadal is scheduled to play in an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi in December, organisers said in a statement on Tuesday.
The world number four has not played since losing to Czech Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon in June and has been suffering from a partial tear of the patella tendon and inflammation of the left knee.
The 11-times grand slam winner was unable to defend his Olympic title in London and had to withdraw from the U.S. Open.
The Spaniard is set to join a high-profile field including Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray for the three-day Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi which gets underway on December 27.
(Writing by Toby Davis in London; editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- Global diets get more similar in threat to food security-study
Lahiru Thirimanne returned to torment Pakistan again as in-form Sri Lanka lifted the Asia Cup title after their comprehensive five-wicket victory in the final on Saturday. Full Article