Nadal to play in Abu Dhabi
REUTERS - Rafa Nadal is scheduled to play in an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi in December, organisers said in a statement on Tuesday.
The world number four has not played since losing to Czech Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon in June and has been suffering from a partial tear of the patella tendon and inflammation of the left knee.
The 11-times grand slam winner was unable to defend his Olympic title in London and had to withdraw from the U.S. Open.
The Spaniard is set to join a high-profile field including Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray for the three-day Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi which gets underway on December 27.
(Writing by Toby Davis in London; editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Modi slams whispering campaign against Rajnath Singh
- Insight - Islamic State turns radical Islam on Syria Muslims
- Sensex, Nifty mark record closing high on Euro zone stimulus talk
- How Pakistan's Sharif stumbled into protests crisis
Despite boasting 34 grand slam singles titles between them, Serena Williams and Roger Federer were forced to share the spotlight with a 15-year-old at the U.S. Open on Tuesday as all three advanced to the second round. Full Article