Nadal to play in Abu Dhabi
REUTERS - Rafa Nadal is scheduled to play in an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi in December, organisers said in a statement on Tuesday.
The world number four has not played since losing to Czech Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon in June and has been suffering from a partial tear of the patella tendon and inflammation of the left knee.
The 11-times grand slam winner was unable to defend his Olympic title in London and had to withdraw from the U.S. Open.
The Spaniard is set to join a high-profile field including Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray for the three-day Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi which gets underway on December 27.
(Writing by Toby Davis in London; editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- BJP heading for majority in general election: opinion poll
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China