Nadal to play in Abu Dhabi
REUTERS - Rafa Nadal is scheduled to play in an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi in December, organisers said in a statement on Tuesday.
The world number four has not played since losing to Czech Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon in June and has been suffering from a partial tear of the patella tendon and inflammation of the left knee.
The 11-times grand slam winner was unable to defend his Olympic title in London and had to withdraw from the U.S. Open.
The Spaniard is set to join a high-profile field including Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray for the three-day Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi which gets underway on December 27.
(Writing by Toby Davis in London; editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- UPDATE 7-Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- UPDATE 3-Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch
With a little help from her rivals, Serena Williams secured a place in the last four of the WTA Finals on Friday and clinched the year-end number one ranking for the fourth time in her illustrious career. Full Article