Nadal to play in Abu Dhabi
REUTERS - Rafa Nadal is scheduled to play in an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi in December, organisers said in a statement on Tuesday.
The world number four has not played since losing to Czech Lukas Rosol in the second round at Wimbledon in June and has been suffering from a partial tear of the patella tendon and inflammation of the left knee.
The 11-times grand slam winner was unable to defend his Olympic title in London and had to withdraw from the U.S. Open.
The Spaniard is set to join a high-profile field including Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray for the three-day Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi which gets underway on December 27.
(Writing by Toby Davis in London; editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Obama nominates Indian-American as ambassador to India
- Sterling firms as early results go against Scottish independence
- UPDATE 2-Two small Russian banks taken off Canada sanctions list
China's Li Na, Asia's only grand slam singles champion, announced her retirement from tennis, citing the effect of long-term injuries, especially her knees. Full Article