Rupee off highs; Carlyle stake sale flows seen
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee falls to 51.57/58, after hitting an intraday high at 51.32, on outflows related to a stock stake sale, several dealers say. The pair closed at 51.74/75 on Thursday.
Several dealers cite USD outflows related to Carlyle Group's estimated $841 million stake sale in mortgage lender HDFC(HDFC.NS).
State-run bank dealer tips 51.35-51.75 range for the rest of the session; expects oil bids.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- UPDATE 4-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Japan's NTT Docomo to exit Indian market - Nikkei
- UPDATE 2-U.S. proposal would ban e-cigarette sales to minors, allow advertising
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article