Rupee off highs; Carlyle stake sale flows seen
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee falls to 51.57/58, after hitting an intraday high at 51.32, on outflows related to a stock stake sale, several dealers say. The pair closed at 51.74/75 on Thursday.
Several dealers cite USD outflows related to Carlyle Group's estimated $841 million stake sale in mortgage lender HDFC(HDFC.NS).
State-run bank dealer tips 51.35-51.75 range for the rest of the session; expects oil bids.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article