- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
Charles Voegele may receive takeover bid: paper
ZURICH (Reuters) - Investors are preparing a takeover offer for loss-making Swiss clothing chain Charles Voegele (VCH.S), a newspaper reported on Sunday.
The interested part was a retailer from Southern Europe with international ambitions, Der Sonntag said, citing sources close to investors.
Reuters was unable to reach Charles Voegele, which has stores in Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and other European countries, for comment.
The newspaper cited a Voegele spokeswoman as saying "we've not received an offer."
Late last month, Voegele's chief executive Frank Beeck quit with immediate effect, due to differences of opinion about the firm's operational management. Finance chief Markus Voegeli is acting as CEO on an interim basis.
Last year Voegele suffered a 15 percent slide in revenues, leading it to a loss of 119 million Swiss francs.
(Reporting by Catherine Bosley; editing by Ron Askew)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this