Singer Asha Bhosle's daughter commits suicide
Mumbai (Reuters) - Singer Asha Bhosle's daughter Varsha committed suicide on Monday morning, police said.
Varsha, the second of the legendary singer's children, had attempted suicide earlier as well. In 2008, she was rushed to hospital after overdosing on sleeping pills.
Media reports said Varsha, who is divorced and in her 50's, shot herself with a licensed firearm. Her mother was not in town when the incident occurred.
A policeman from the Gamdevi police station in Mumbai, under whose jurisdiction Bhosle's residence falls, confirmed the suicide but refused to give further details.
Varsha was a freelance journalist and also a singer. She lived in an apartment in the leafy Pedder Road locality where both her mother Asha and aunt Lata Mangeshkar own adjoining apartments.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Quietly, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie say, 'I do'
- UPDATE 2-Abercrombie to shed logo-centric clothes in N. America
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- UPDATE 3-Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Hollywood's first couple, married in France over the weekend following a two-year engagement, ending nearly a decade of fevered tabloid speculation over whether "Brangelina" would ever tie the knot. Full Article | Video