Singer Asha Bhosle's daughter commits suicide
Mumbai (Reuters) - Singer Asha Bhosle's daughter Varsha committed suicide on Monday morning, police said.
Varsha, the second of the legendary singer's children, had attempted suicide earlier as well. In 2008, she was rushed to hospital after overdosing on sleeping pills.
Media reports said Varsha, who is divorced and in her 50's, shot herself with a licensed firearm. Her mother was not in town when the incident occurred.
A policeman from the Gamdevi police station in Mumbai, under whose jurisdiction Bhosle's residence falls, confirmed the suicide but refused to give further details.
Varsha was a freelance journalist and also a singer. She lived in an apartment in the leafy Pedder Road locality where both her mother Asha and aunt Lata Mangeshkar own adjoining apartments.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role - NY Times
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Long "to do" list for Modi as clock ticks on reform
Films "Available For Remake"
Twenty-one films including iconic Hindi movies including Kundan Shah’s “Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron” and Satyajit Ray’s “Agantuk” will offer remake rights in a first-of-its-kind initiative during this year’s International Film Festival of India (IFFI), taking place in Goa. Full Article