Singer Asha Bhosle's daughter commits suicide
Mumbai (Reuters) - Singer Asha Bhosle's daughter Varsha committed suicide on Monday morning, police said.
Varsha, the second of the legendary singer's children, had attempted suicide earlier as well. In 2008, she was rushed to hospital after overdosing on sleeping pills.
Media reports said Varsha, who is divorced and in her 50's, shot herself with a licensed firearm. Her mother was not in town when the incident occurred.
A policeman from the Gamdevi police station in Mumbai, under whose jurisdiction Bhosle's residence falls, confirmed the suicide but refused to give further details.
Varsha was a freelance journalist and also a singer. She lived in an apartment in the leafy Pedder Road locality where both her mother Asha and aunt Lata Mangeshkar own adjoining apartments.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
Tracy Morgan incredulous that Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries. Full Article