Quake of 6.3 magnitude strikes off eastern Indonesia
JAKARTA (Reuters) - An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude struck off the coast of eastern Indonesia on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage.
The quake struck 100 miles (140 km) southeast of the city of Ambon, at a depth of 21.6 miles (35 km), the USGS said.
An Indonesian meteorological service official said no tsunami was generated.
(Reporting by Michael Taylor, Writing by Robert Birsel; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- Facebook beats Wall Street targets, stock hits record high |
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
A domestic TransAsia Airways plane crashed on landing on an island off the west coast of tyhoon-hit Taiwan on Wednesday, killing 47 people, the Civil Aeronautics Administration said. Full Article