JAKARTA An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude struck off the coast of eastern Indonesia on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage.
The quake struck 100 miles (140 km) southeast of the city of Ambon, at a depth of 21.6 miles (35 km), the USGS said.
An Indonesian meteorological service official said no tsunami was generated.
(Reporting by Michael Taylor, Writing by Robert Birsel; Editing by Ron Popeski)
Trending On Reuters
Malaysia said on Sunday that airplane debris that washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion has been identified as being from a Boeing 777, the same model as a Malaysian Airlines plane which vanished last year. Full Article
- Mullah Omar's family does not endorse new Taliban leader - statement
- Merkel's German conservatives set sights on absolute majority
- Kerry says United States, Egypt return to "stronger base" in ties
- Italy coast guard rescues 1,800 sea migrants, five found dead
- 13 hurt in shooting outside New York City house party