Bachchan throws 70th birthday bash with Bollywood in tow
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Actor Amitabh Bachchan rang in his 70th birthday with a party attended by a majority of the Bollywood film industry who were treated to an Indian contemporary ballet performance set to his father's poetry.
Leading actors including Shah Rukh Khan and Anil Kapoor and veterans Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu attended the celebration on Wednesday night.
Apart from Bollywood celebrities, the event held at a suburb of Mumbai was attended by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and industrialist Anil Ambani.
Dressed in a velvet sherwani, Bachchan posed for shutterbugs alongside wife Jaya, daughter Shweta, son-in-law Nikhil Nanda and son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya.
"Birthdays are special for all .. mine is no different for tomorrow .. but would never be the same without your love and affection," Bachchan wrote on Twitter on Wednesday night.
Media reports said the birthday cake was cut at the stroke of midnight after a ballet performance set to a poem of Harivansh Rai Bachchan, recited by Amitabh.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- California woman gets stuck in chimney trying to sneak into home
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case