Sensex falls; state-owned banks, Infosys decline
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex falls 0.15 percent while the 50-share Nifty is also down 0.16 percent on caution ahead of corporate earnings.
Asian shares tracked Wall Street lower on Thursday as weak forecasts from U.S. corporate bellwethers underscored concern over global demand, particularly from China, and kept oil and other commodity prices under pressure.
Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) falls 0.4 percent ahead of reporting its July-September earnings on Friday.
State-owned banks such as State Bank of India fall on concerns over rising non-performing loans.
SBI falls 1 percent while Canara Bank (CNBK.NS) is down 1.5 percent.
Unitech Ltd (UNTE.NS) gains 4 percent on Thursday after the company said it has agreed to dispose of its shareholding in its mobile joint venture Uninor after reaching a settlement with partner Telenor ASA (TEL.OL) on their legal dispute.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 4-William Clay Ford Sr., grandson of pioneer automaker, dies at 88
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Golf-Reed in Cadillac driver's seat as Woods fades
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive