Maruti Suzuki says revamped Alto to sell from 244,000 rupees
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) has launched a revamped version of the world's biggest-selling small car at a base price of 244,000 rupees, the company's managing director said on Tuesday.
The new Alto 800's starting price is less than its predecessor's initial price, Shinzo Nakanishi told reporters.
Maruti, controlled by Japan's Suzuki Motor (7269.T), has had over 10,000 pre-orders for the new model, Nakanishi said earlier on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
- Female suicide bombers kill at least 44 in Nigeria's northeast
- France to send armoured unit to Poland for exercises
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
India's economic growth probably slowed to around 5 percent in the three months to September, slipping from 5.7 percent in the previous quarter, two senior finance ministry sources said, putting pressure on the central bank to cut interest rates. Full Article