Remembering Jaspal Bhatti: Sardar of satire
How do you satirise an issue without hurting someone's ego but at the same time ensure it hits its mark? Jaspal Bhatti, arguably the only man to have known the answer in India, at least enough to make a living out of it, is no more.
Bhatti died in the early hours of Thursday in a car accident while he was out promoting his film ‘Power Cut' — a spoof on the pathetic power situation in India, especially in his home state of Punjab.
Read the complete blog post, click reut.rs/S7N7kP
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- REFILE-Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- UPDATE 4-Sysco to buy US Foods from private equity, shares leap
- Nokia offers $369 mln deposit to unfreeze Indian assets
Jay Z leads with 9 Grammy nominations, but newcomers vie for top honors. Full Article
Boy band One Direction makes chart history with third No. 1 album debut. Full Article