Remembering Jaspal Bhatti: Sardar of satire
How do you satirise an issue without hurting someone's ego but at the same time ensure it hits its mark? Jaspal Bhatti, arguably the only man to have known the answer in India, at least enough to make a living out of it, is no more.
Bhatti died in the early hours of Thursday in a car accident while he was out promoting his film ‘Power Cut' — a spoof on the pathetic power situation in India, especially in his home state of Punjab.
Read the complete blog post, click reut.rs/S7N7kP
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-AT&T threatens to sit out U.S. spectrum auction over rules
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BlackBerry's meltdown sparks start-up boom in Canada's Silicon Valley
- US STOCKS-Wall St gains on Yellen comments and Yahoo; BofA falls
Singer Miley Cyrus cancelled her Tuesday show in Kansas City, Missouri, after being hospitalized for a "severe allergic reaction to antibiotics". Full Article