Remembering Jaspal Bhatti: Sardar of satire
How do you satirise an issue without hurting someone's ego but at the same time ensure it hits its mark? Jaspal Bhatti, arguably the only man to have known the answer in India, at least enough to make a living out of it, is no more.
Bhatti died in the early hours of Thursday in a car accident while he was out promoting his film ‘Power Cut' — a spoof on the pathetic power situation in India, especially in his home state of Punjab.
Read the complete blog post, click reut.rs/S7N7kP
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
'Guardians of the Galaxy' wins weekend, tops this year's box office universe Full Article