Sharp books $1.1 bln restructuring charge for Q2
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Thursday it was booking restructuring costs of 84.4 billion yen for the July-September second quarter, as well as writing down 61 billion yen of deferred tax assets in the same period.
The struggling TV maker slashed its net loss forecast for the full year to next March 31 to 450 billion yen from a previous forecast of 250 billion yen.
(Reporting by Mari Saito; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Latest Obamacare legal knot won't be easy to untangle
- UPDATE 3-Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' -U.S. officials
- UPDATE 1-Netanyahu asks Kerry to help resume U.S. flights to Israel
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
Apple posted a smaller-than-expected 6 percent rise in quarterly revenue on Tuesday, but revenue surged 28 percent in greater China despite stiff competition in its third-largest market. Full Article