Dollar hits 6-mth high vs yen, 3-week peak vs euro after jobs data
NEW YORK Nov 2 (Reuters) - The dollar hit a six-month high against the yen and a three-week peak versus the euro on Friday after data showed the U.S. economy created more jobs than expected last month.
The unemployment rate, however, ticked higher. .
THe dollar hit a high of 80.67 yen, a six-month high, and was last at 80.66, up 0.7 percent. The euro, meanwhile, fell to a low of $1.2847, a three-week trough. It was last at $1.2856, down 0.7 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- UPDATE 4-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Japan's NTT Docomo to exit Indian market - Nikkei
- UPDATE 2-U.S. proposal would ban e-cigarette sales to minors, allow advertising
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article