Dollar hits 6-mth high vs yen, 3-week peak vs euro after jobs data
NEW YORK Nov 2 (Reuters) - The dollar hit a six-month high against the yen and a three-week peak versus the euro on Friday after data showed the U.S. economy created more jobs than expected last month.
The unemployment rate, however, ticked higher. .
THe dollar hit a high of 80.67 yen, a six-month high, and was last at 80.66, up 0.7 percent. The euro, meanwhile, fell to a low of $1.2847, a three-week trough. It was last at $1.2856, down 0.7 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- 'Hunger Games' tops U.S. box office with $123 million opening
- Celebrity song to aid fight against Africa Ebola crisis tops UK charts
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article