Dollar hits 6-mth high vs yen, 3-week peak vs euro after jobs data
NEW YORK Nov 2 (Reuters) - The dollar hit a six-month high against the yen and a three-week peak versus the euro on Friday after data showed the U.S. economy created more jobs than expected last month.
The unemployment rate, however, ticked higher. .
THe dollar hit a high of 80.67 yen, a six-month high, and was last at 80.66, up 0.7 percent. The euro, meanwhile, fell to a low of $1.2847, a three-week trough. It was last at $1.2856, down 0.7 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
India's largest cigarette maker ITC Ltd on Tuesday said first-quarter net profit grew 16 percent, lagging forecasts although sales beat market expectations. Full Article