Messi's girlfriend gives birth to son Thiago
REUTERS - World Player of the Year Lionel Messi has become a father for the first time following the birth of his son Thiago on Friday.
"Leo Messi is a father," his club Barcelona said in a brief statement on their website (www.fcbarcelona.com).
"This Friday afternoon Antonella Rocuzzo, the Argentine star's girlfriend, gave birth to Thiago Messi, the couple's first son."
Messi, 25, added on his Facebook page: "Today I am the happiest man in the world, my son has been born.
"I thank God for this gift. Thanks to my family for the support. A hug for everyone."
All being well, forward Messi should still be available for Saturday's La Liga match at home to Celta Vigo (1700 GMT), Barca coach Tito Vilanova said earlier on Friday.
(Writing by Iain Rogers in Madrid, editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit doubles as India market turns corner
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion