Pakistan captain supports day-night tests
KARACHI (Reuters) - Pakistan test and one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq has backed an International Cricket Council (ICC) move to introduce day-night tests but suggested initial trials with the coloured ball in first class cricket.
"It is a good move by the ICC but I think first day and night first class matches need to be held regularly as the coloured ball remains an issue," Misbah told reporters.
On Monday the ICC said countries could now agree to play day-night matches. Experiments have been conducted with pink, orange and yellow balls to decide which colour is best in both daylight and under floodlights.
(Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Alibaba in talks with Snapdeal to enter India - Economic Times
- After Obama speech, Islamic State wins new recruits in Syria - monitor
- Amazon expands Kindle lineup, boosts price of basic e-reader
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng returned to haunt his former club with a last-gasp goal that secured a 1-0 win over English title holders Manchester City in their Champions League Group E clash. Full Article